Monday, April 22, 2019

Decentraland Builder Contest Submission #1

The Decentraland Builder Contest may have come to a close, but the new builder software is still up and running, and I just LOVE seeing what I can create! The software is pretty basic with options of what it will allow you to do, but in a way I love that you have to be that much more creative to make what you want to!




Here are a few pictures of a castle I created. The parcel is the max size allowed, which I had to do in order to bypass the triangle limits. Each brick tile is almost 200 triangles, so I kept hitting triangle limits as I built, and had to get a larger parcel size.







The castle is furnished inside, and you can walk through the entire thing. 







I wanted to create a medieval market of sorts in the front, but I didn't have enough triangles to build much. I wish I would have made a castle that wasn't as wide to preserve tiles.

The gate was made with bridges and fences



There is a sky light with dragons framing the tall dance hall. 



I love the fog effect! Even from a short distance, you feel like you are looking at something far away. 




In the end, I was pretty happy with my castle. I didn't have any plan or sketch when I started it, so there was no comparison with how the final product turned out. I just wish (and hope!) that we will have more triangles someday to work with so we can create similar structures without having this much land to work with!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment